My diary as I start a BSc degree with the Open University, alongside job hunting and dealing with my ongoing depression.

Wednesday 3 January 2018

Question Everything

Dear Diary,

So you call yourself a science blog, where's the science?

Well hang on a minute there diary, I've already told you I start studying my BSc this year, I start at the end of the month in fact, so I'm not posting science things till then because I could be wrong. Science is the direction I want this blog to go, but also it's about me.. Bear with me, the science will come, till then why don't you get to know me?


Are you going to be talking about health and mental health, aren't they the same thing?

Of course I'll be talking about health and mental health, and no they're not the same thing. You can be the healthiest person ever and still have mental health troubles, it seems to be a common misconception that being healthy and exercising stops mental health issues arising. While they can be beneficial in making you feel better about yourself and your life it doesn't mean that you'll never suffer just because you're a gym bunny. (I've been that gym bunny, it helps to a degree, mostly with sleeping, but it doesn't solve the issue)

Will you be talking about your job, old or new?

Not so much, maybe a little in broad terms, but most companies don't like being spoken about on social medias and I'm not masochistic enough to tempt them to sue me or something. No matter how much I'd love to name and shame one of the worst places I've had the misfortune to work, it's not going to happen.



You're just attention seeking.

Well, yeah. 99.99999999% (I invented that figure) of people on social media are looking for attention, if I didn't want people to reach my writings and respond I'd put it all in a paper diary rather than online. I struggle to socially interact in person but online I find it so much easier, so yes I guess I'm after the attention but but mostly for people to talk to and relate with.



Why would you put this out there?

Somewhere to organise my thoughts, hopefully to connect with similar people, maybe even help others along the way, not only in terms of science knowledge but with the health and mental health issues.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig