My diary as I start a BSc degree with the Open University, alongside job hunting and dealing with my ongoing depression.

Thursday 28 December 2017

Dear Diary..

I feel like such a lot has changed in my life recently that I need somewhere to keep it straight hence this blog, I'm not really expecting people to come and read it, though some company would be nice.

So dear diary, a bit about me and what's gone on recently.

For a start, after 14 years with the same company I'm now a free woman. I wish I could go in depth about what went on but you never know who's reading this, needless to say if I really wanted to I could take it to tribunal but the mere thought of it sets of my palpitations so heaven knows what actually doing it would do, give me a heart attack most likely knowing my luck. So I'm sticking with saying I'm free of a traumatic and nightmarish job and now I'm looking for a new job with a company who cares about their staff and whom I can work for with all my mega work ethics.

Mega work ethics???

Well yes, I can't abide being idle and I'm always doing something, I'm not overly keen on "messing around" in work, I'd rather get the job done. That makes me seem a bit stand offish to some, but I'm the least stand offish person ever, just a bit shy and I really do prefer to get the job done.

Anyway my old job aside, I'm looking to get completely out of that industry, I got into it in the first place because I found myself redundant two months before my first wedding (yes first, I'm now on my second and last marriage) it's never been a subject I could truly devote myself to as it was a bit meh... but I still worked as hard as I could for them, to be rewarded as I was. Does make a women wonder why she bothers...

But as everyone tells me, it's onwards and upwards to bigger and better things, I start a part time course, BSc in Earth Sciences as a mature student with the OU at the end of January, six years study part time and I'll get the degree I always wanted at the end. (long boring sob story about how I couldn't go to uni at 18 like most people can)

I'm looking for new employment in places that interest me and preferably work 9-5 Monday to Friday, and thankfully, although we're not rolling in money we have something in place that means me not working for a couple of months won't end up with us being on the streets.. Thank goodness.

Currently though I'll admit, I'm fighting depression, I've suffered with it for years, I have tablets for it which have worked well for me and I'm not in a terrible way at the moment, but I am struggling to find interest in any of my usual pursuits, I'm tired all the time, could easily sleep the days away and find it hard to motivate myself to get going. This wars with my innate desire to get things done, as I can see things need doing and I'm not doing them, cue catch-22.

I'm hoping writing some of this down will help me out, at least let me organize my brain better, and if I can find people who can understand then even better.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig